Usability and E-Commerce Conversions Review
Most Web sites have serious usability problems
- Sites are often confusing and hard for customers to find what they need
- The sales process is often clumsy, making it hard for visitors to buy
- Most companies don’t think about what they want the site to do —what it should achieve for the company — before building … and thus end up with a site that doesn’t do what it should
- Many sites are built in a manner that projects an unprofessional image to visitors
Most sites have serious messaging problems, from a marketing standpoint. They don’t present visitors with the right message at the right time…they don’t “lead” the visitor in the direction you need them to go.
Peter Kent can help you improve your site, in order to increase conversions… that is, to increase the number of visitors who take the action you want them to:
- Buy from you
- Provide you with sales-lead contact information
- Pick up the phone and call you
- E-mail you
- Subscribe to your e-mail bulletin or newsletter
Whatever it is you are trying to do, Kent can help you design your site in a manner that maximizes conversions.
Let me analyze your site. I’ve been doing usability testing for twenty years, and can spot most mistakes very quickly.
Contact Peter Kent for more information.
Common mistakes include …
- Confusing and ambiguous links — visitors don’t know where links will take them, and have trouble finding things
- “Form over Function” problems — “cool” animations and graphics that slow the site down and make it hard to use
- Poor assumptions — site components that designers assume people will understand, when in fact most won’t (for instance on many
sites the only way to return to the home page is by clicking on the site logo, which many designers assume everyone knows … they don’t!)
- Confusing data flow — information presented in a way that is illogical and confusing to visitors
- Hidden information — information that your visitors want to find, but that is so well hidden most won’t be able to reach it