You’ve Got Problems?
I’ve Got Solutions!
Are you looking for help with your Web site or online business?
I can help you fix your problems.
- Do You Need More Traffic from the Search Engines?
- Have You Spent Thousands of $ on SEO Firms, and Got Little in Return?
- Are Worried that Your Site Isn’t Search Engine Friendly?
- Do You Suspect That Your Web Designer’s Search Engine Optimization Work isn’t Really Optimal?
- Do You Want to Know How to Use Press Releases and Syndicated Articles
– the Right Way – to Bring Customers to Your Site?
- Are You Looking for Other Ways to Get People to Your Site?
- Are You Losing Money on Your PPC (Pay Per Click) Campaign?
- Are You Wondering Why Visitors Aren’t Buying From You?
- Are You Sick and Tired of Dealing With Web Designers? (Sorry,
designers, but I hear this complaint frequently!)
- Do You Want to Make Money Online … But Find Yourself Totally Lost and
Unsure Where to Begin?
Last time I spoke to you, Peter, you doubled my sales, so I’m back for more!
ML. Gift Basket Web Site
There are so many ways to go wrong, and so many opportunities – many of them simple, low-cost techniques –that you need to know about. I can help you…
- Find problems that will stop search engines from indexing your site, and explain how to fix them
- Suggest keyword strategies to help you target the right people through the search engines
- Explain how to modify the site to help it rank well in the search engines
- Suggest ways to improve links, in order to convince search engines that your site is the best match
- Evaluate your Web site design — does it convey a professional, reliable image, or an amateurish, clumsy one?
- Evaluate your site’s usability and conversions
- Review your competitors — why are they ranking better than you in the search engines? What do they do better than you?
- Suggest ways to market your Web site and bring more visitors to it
I Can Help You Dig Through The Garbage and Find the Information You Need
I know how hard it is to learn what it takes to succeed online! I’ve been deeply involved in the online world since 1984…a quarter of a century working online, from the early bulletin-board systems to today’s ultra-complicated Web technologies:
- I was using the early bulletin boards for fun (okay, so I’m a geek!), back in 1984
I first used online tools for business back in 1987
- I began using cyberspace for marketing in 1990
- I wrote my first book about the Internet—the Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Internet—in 1993 (I wrote a total of 7 editions)
- Since then I’ve written more books about the Internet than any other author
My most recent Internet-related book—the third edition of Search Engine Optimization for Dummies—hit the bookstores just a few months ago.
Check me out at Amazon (click here). (You’ll see that most of these books have my name on them; in some cases, though, I “ghosted” books in this list, such as the Peter Norton books. You can find my full bibliography here.)
I did my SEO all by myself (with your help of course) and within a couple of days my site was ranked #1 for most of my very important key words!!
– AH. Clothing Web Site
I’ve Seen it All…You Can Learn From My Experience
I’ve done more than just worked a writer, though; I’m no mere observer…I’ve been in the trenches.
- I set up my first e-commerce Web site, to sell my publishing company’s books, in 1997
- I founded an e-business service provider, funded (to the tune of $4M), by one of the world’s top VC firms
- I worked as VP of Web Solutions for a national ISP
- I was VP of Marketing for a major Web Applications firm
For the last few years I’ve been helping business just like yours understand how to work online. I’ve done SEO consulting for brand names— Amazon, Tower Records, Zillow, Lonely Planet, Avvo, and the like —and for less-well-known firms and even “mom and pops.”
I’ve worked with hundreds of different individuals and companies. From firms selling equipment to the construction business, to firms selling “tactical” equipment to police forces; from Web sites promoting psychiatric, counseling, and “channeling” services, to real estate agents and lawyers. I’ve worked with a huge range of different businesses, helping them navigate their businesses through the online world.
(The great thing about working with such a wide range of businesses is that I get to learn all the time. Different business models, different business needs, and yes, I’m constantly learning new online-marketing techniques from my clients!)
We were blown away by Peter’s knowledge and skill. Equally impressive of us mere mortal dummies. … he pointed out a very serious flaw in our site that could have hurt us badly with Google. I’ve had a lot of “sessions” with “experts,” and today’s was one of the very best I’ve ever had.
– ER. Detox Clinic
How Can My Years of Online Experience Help You?
I’ve answered questions from hundreds of firms…I’ve probably heard them all. (Well, almost; now and then someone comes up with something totally new, which keeps me on my toes!).
- What do you need to do to make your site “search-engine friendly”?
- How do you create pages that index well in the search engines?
- How can you outrank your competitors in the search results?
- How do you get people to click on your link in the search results?
- How can you convince other sites to link to yours?
- Has your Web designer done a good SEO job? Has your SEO firm done
a good SEO job?
- Why aren’t your visitors buying from you?
- How can you get more people to your site?
Peter was a huge help. He managed to convince my webmaster that SEO really is important, gave us a load of practical things to do that should make a huge difference, accompanied his observations with really cool underlining and online examples on the computer screen. I am so impressed and grateful!
– RR. Spiritual Healing Web Site
Let Me Guide You With a 1-hour Consulting Session
Yes, I’m an SEO consultant. But unlike most Search Engine Optimization consultants, my online experience is much broader than just search engines, as you’ve seen (and can see here if you need more details).
In addition to helping you with SEO, I can help you understand what you need to do in relation to …
- Site design and usability
- Site-application development
- “Community” marketing
- Building links with Press Releases
- …and Syndicated Articles
- Other link-building techniques
- Pay Per Click search-engine advertising
- Using your Blog to market your site
- PR Marketing through other peoples’ Blogs
- “Banner” and other forms of online advertising
- Email marketing
- …and more
Remember, it’s not all about the search engines!
The average SEO consultant simply doesn’t have the broad experience necessary to guide you well; an SEO consultant will focus on the search engines…
Yet in fact often a firm’s primary problem – or primary opportunity – is not the search engines!
is not the search engines
For example, one client asked me to help him generate more traffic from the search engines, but when I examined his site I discovered that he already had visitors, the site simply wasn’t “converting” visitors into buyers. After a simple, low-cost redesign, my client instantly — instantly! — started getting phone calls…“the phone’s ringing off the hook!” he told me.
I can certainly help you with SEO — I’m the author of the best-selling book on SEO, after all. But my broad experience allows me to help you with all aspects of working online!
Most clients find that just an hour or two can be extremely useful. (“Wow, we’ve got a lot of work to do” is a common end-of-meeting comment I receive!) I can save you an enormous amount of time and trouble by pointing you in the right direction.
When you’re at a turning point, turning the wrong way can be a disaster. It can cost you thousands of dollars, A simple mistaken perception can take you down the wrong path, and lead to total failure. You need experience to ensure you take the correct path. The right path will save you time and serious money!
The session was excellent. Kent is an excellent presenter, very easy to understand. He taught a Dummy a massive amount of valuable information.
– Detox Web Site
Here’s How Your Consulting Session Works
I charge $350/hour for these consultations. It’s a simple process. Contact us, and my assistant will set up a convenient time for you to talk. She’ll send you a number to call, and a GoToMeeting link, so we’ll be able to work together — you’ll be able to see what’s on my screen as I examine your site, and your competitors’ sites.
I’ll dig through your site, point out problems that need fixing, look at search results…and you’ll see everything I’m seeing. (GoToMeeting now works with both PCs and Macs, so whatever system you use, we’ll be able to work together.)
My assistant will send you a PayPal invoice for the first hour or two; however long you choose. (You don’t need a PayPal account; you can pay with a credit card if you wish.)
If, at the end of the first hour or two of figuring out what you need to do to ensure your online success, you decide you need further assistance, we can discuss how I can help you.
Contact Me Now
An hour of consulting is $350, a small price to pay to tap into the experience that will ensure you’re on the right track! Fill in yourinformation below, and my assistant will get back to you as soon as possible. (Please check your email address carefully.)